Monday, January 10, 2011

Homemade Laundry Soap :)




I love making my own laundry soap :) I mean, I love the money it saves me from making it!! I only costs me about $2 to make a 5 gallon bucket! You just can't beat that, plus I do love the smell of it! :) So fresh!






You will need:



-4c. hot water



-1 bar of Fels-Naptha (grated)



-1c. Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda



-1/2 c. Borax



-5 gallon bucket






In a sauce pan, combine grated Fels-Naptha and 4c. hot water. Place on stove Med./Low heat. Stir often. This will take about a half hr. Then fill your 5 gallon bucket half full with hot water. Add your melted Fels-Naptha, washing soda and borax. Stir until dissolved. Then fill the rest of the bucket with hot water and mix well. Let it cool and it will thicken up. I use a measuring cup to scoop out of the bucket when I'm ready to use it. You only need about 1/2c. to 3/4c. of laundry soap per load of laundry depending on the size of the load. This recipe will usually last me a few months!

No comments: