Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin


This time of year I get the itch to bake up some pumpkin treats! I definately don't hesitate knowing the health benefits of this festive friend! I hope this inspires you to bake up something tasty and incorperate pumpkin into your diet all year round!!

Pumpkin is low in fat, calories and rich in disease fighting nutrients like:
-Alfa-carotene and Beta-carotene which protect our body's cells from attack and damage!
-Fiber which promotes bowel health and prevents cancer and heart disease!
-Packed with vitamins C and E!
-Potassium which, among other things, lowers your risk for hypertension :)
-Magnesium which aids in your body's absorption of calcium, is great for your heart and muscles!
-and Zinc which is great for your immune system, aids in bone density support, and prevents eye problems!

The pumpkin is quite amazing! It really doesn't get enough credit! After just a little research I quickly realized that it is much more than just a pretty face!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

New follower here from over at your sister's blog.I am from SouthEast Indiana.I never knew so much about PUMPKINS,I bake a lot with our Pumpkins from the garden.Good Luck with the Blog.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for checking my blog out and thanks for your support!! :)